A few Points to consider:
- Block reward in P2P pools paid out for Mining where reduced from 50BTC to 25BTC meaning that you share now only half per block.
- The difficult Rate is increasing rapidly (changing every 2016 blocks) because more and more powerful Miner come into play.
- New hardware Chip hitting the market – Application-specific integrated circuits (ASIC) that hit 500 GH /s each.
- If you buy right now a 2TH/s ASIC Power Miner you will have to wait until January – February 2014 to receive it.
- oh and did I mention Security? If you ever loose your BitCoins due to hackers then they are gone.
Mining BitCoins means
- running a Computer + the Miner Hardware 24/7
- invest a lot of money into competitive hardware if you want to succeed
- your electricity Bill will explode
- the room temperature where you host your mining rig will rise
- mining is not a fully automated process buy and forget, you will have to troubleshoot it depending on your setup
- http://mining.thegenesisblock.com (check out all current available hardware ROI)
Get a Market Overview – How much are BTC worth
After reading all that you should have some idea. If you still want to buy the old 50 GH/s Rig of ebay for 1400 USD then you go for it, or just donate the money to a Charity, at least you know its not just blown out of the Window. If you still want to invest into BitCoin because you do see a potential then maybe have a look just into Trading with them. Why not just purchase some BitCoins and watch the market, sell when you make the profit you looking for. I do believe you will see BitCoins hitting the 600USD+ mark potentially already beginning in 2014. And I am very sure that only the top dogs will be farming BitCoins with their Terra Hashing rigs…